Some time ago we wrote an interesting article about creamer as a substitute for milk. Have any of you tried it?
Creamer is a substitute or replacement food ingredient in drinks or food. You can just mix a few tablespoons of creamer in a glass of warm water and drink it, but that’s not the function of creamer. Creamer is used as a substitute for milk in beverage and food products that are usually combined with milk. For example, creamer is added to coffee so that it is not too bitter. Apart from that, milk can also be used as a substitute for coconut milk in food.
Why choose creamer to replace milk?
One of the main reasons people use creamer is that it has a longer shelf life than milk. Milk as a livestock product that comes from cows, goats or sheep is known to not last long at room temperature. Milk has to be put in the refrigerator so it can last a long time and that only lasts for about a week. If frozen, milk can last up to 3 months. Meanwhile, powdered creamer can last 9 to 12 months at room temperature under closed conditions.
Tips for using creamer
To get maximum and satisfying results when using creamer, there are several things you must pay attention to.
- Use hot water to completely dissolve the creamer. An exception is given to the cold soluble type, because this type of creamer can dissolve in cold water. The method is to put the creamer powder into hot water according to the measurement, then stir until evenly distributed.
- Check the expiration date of the creamer and store the creamer at the appropriate temperature. If you store creamer not in its original container, stick the expiration date on the outside so you don’t forget or miss it.
- Store the creamer in a dry and cool place and do not store the creamer in a place exposed to direct sunlight.
- Store the creamer in a tightly closed container after use. Because if the creamer is left in an open container, the creamer will change color and taste and can cause health problems if consumed.
Tips for buying creamer
There are several tips for buying creamer for those of you who may still be unsure or unsure about the available creamer choices.
- Make sure that the creamer product you choose comes from a trusted brand and is registered with the Food and Drug Supervisory Agency (BPOM). This is important so that the product you choose is safe and of good quality.
- Double-check the expiration date of the creamer product you are going to buy. Make sure you buy a creamer with a long expiry date if you want to use it for a long time.
- Compare the price of creamer from one brand to another in various shops and e-commerce before buying so that you get an affordable price and save your budget. Also be wary if the price offered is too cheap even though the brand you are buying is a brand that is known to be good, because this is an indication that the item has been repackaged from a cheaper creamer or is a rejected product.
- Especially for those of you who buy products online, make sure to check the security of the transaction system used. Make sure the website or online shop where you buy has a good reputation and is trustworthy. Don’t let yourself be scammed by irresponsible sellers.
To get quality creamer products from SPK, don’t forget to visit our official online store called Santos Premium Creamer in the Lazada, Shopee and Tokopedia online stores. We are not responsible for our products obtained from stores other than our official store.